Right to your kisser.
I’m sure many of us would love to have lips a-la-Angelina-Jolie. I know I would. But I have said it one million times, and I will say it one million more, this isn’t about crying over what you don’t have: it’s about making the best of what you have been blessed with.
Lip gloss is probably the most fun product (and one of the fastest, easiest pick-me-ups for your face). Before I discovered how fun eyes can be, I paid the most attention to my lips. It was just so fun to have 50,000 different lip gloss wands at the ready (Harry Potter anyone?) and to try different looks and colors.
Things I have learned in my years of applying lip gloss and lip stick:
1. Red lips are fun when done correctly. When applied incorrectly you look circus-clown-esque. BE. CAREFUL. That being said I recommend something stellar like CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine in Rebelle. Here is a fun face to make while wearing red lips:
If you are nervous about applying correctly you can get started with these helpful hints from Maybelline.com.
2. A good liner can double as a great lipstick if you don’t want to juggle 40 different products. My favorite daytime look is made up the following steps: apply a light line of Sephora Nano Lipliner in #14 Radiant Rosy to my lip line. Grab some Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil and apply to my lips (this stuff gives you great moisture, and it adds a little bit of color to enhance your natural lip. AND it’s usually between $2.50-$3). That’s it! Whew.
Got this pretty pic from their website:
3. Never underestimate the power of a really legit lipgloss. My all-time favorite, prettiest, most subtle, wear-anywhere gloss is Clinique’s Long Last Glosswear in Air Kiss. I first heard of this when I was in middle school and I have been hooked ever since. So pretty!
4. If you are going out on the town and you have some dramatic eyes, take a chill pill in the lip department. We don’t want to freak anyone out. The opposite is also true: if you are trying that racy red lip it might be best to save the smoky eye for another day.
5. If you have a problem with dry, chapped, or sunburned lips (especially in this hot summer heat) make sure you are using a chapstick or lipstick with SPF in it. ALSO: I have learned that wearing a gloss to the beach is cute but it.will.cost.you. So make sure you have a lipgloss with SPF handy if you are gonna rock this look. Try Smashbox Limitless Long Wear Lip Gloss ($21 on Sephora.com) OR- Ehhheemmm- you can try the Clinique gloss I raved about in number 3 because that has SPF 15 as well (and it’s 7 bucks cheaper)
6. If you want a triple threat try a three-in-one stick. It will save you time and (sometimes) money. I know there are drug-store brands out there but I’m not familiar so I’ll point you in the direction of something familiar: NARS The Multiple in Orgasm. You can use it on eyes, lips, cheeks AND apparently your decolletage. Here’s a little pic I grabbed off of Sephora.com:
As always, I’d love to hear your tips, tricks and favorites. SO leave me a comment And now more than ever, is your opportunity to show off those lips and pearly whites with a big smile.
So smile, pretty girl. See ya next week!